If you’re one of the many people who suffer from OCD, you know how difficult it can be to manage your symptoms and live a normal life. But there is hope!
Meditation has been shown to be an effective tool in managing OCD symptoms. Here are six tips to help you get started:
1. Choose a comfortable place to sit or lie down. You may want to close your eyes and focus on your breath.
2. Start with a few minutes of meditation each day and gradually increase the amount of time you spend meditating.
3. Be patient and don’t expect immediate results. It can take some time to see the benefits of meditation.
4. When you have intrusive thoughts, try to observe them without judgment. Accept them as part of your experience and let them go.
5. Practice mindfulness in your everyday life. Pay attention to the present moment and your surroundings. This can help you become more aware of your thoughts and feelings.
6. Seek professional help if you feel like your OCD is severe and impacting your quality of life. A therapist can provide you with additional support and guidance.
“The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” – William James
“If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” – Amit Ray
“Meditation brings wisdom; lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom.” – Buddha
OCD.app gives users short 15-second meditations on supportive and helpful thoughts. These brief relaxation moments conclude the daily exercise and reinforce the learning while allowing your brain to wind down.